Play Bollywood songs with Thaat based songs:
- About Thaat Asavari
Note:- With our thaat/desi scale system anyone can play a song in a keyboard or in a harmonium within days.
Add Komal Dhaivat to Kafi thaat and you get Asavari Thaat. Asavari is not a raga but ragni and is full of tyag, the mood of renunciation and sacrifice as well as pathos. It is best suited for late morning. However, important evening/night ragas like Darbari and Adana also use notes of asavari thaat with different styles, stress points and ornamentation. It is to mention that in a thaat there are fixed seven notes ascending and seven notes descending.
Following ragas are derived from Thaat Asavari:
- Darbari Kanhada
Playing Songs With Thaat Asavari
Arohi: S R g m P d n S’ (ascending notes)
Amrohi: S’ n d P m g R S (descending notes)
Thaat Asavari – Learn how to play Thaat Asavari Raga Asavari
Thaat Asavari is C Minor Scale in Western Starting from first white key.
Western Notes of Thaat Asavari: C D Eb F G Ab Bb
Showing C minor scale in all five octaves in different colors
Play songs according to above sargam diagram of Thaat Asavari in middle saptak of keyboard or harmonium.
- Tu pyar ka sagar hai, Taal Kehrva: Asthayee: RgRS RS ‘nS, Antra: S’S’ nP2
- Tumhara Chahne wala khuda ki dunya mein, Taal Dadra, Asthayee, gR ‘nSS gRS Antra: Pmg mPdn
- Be reham asmaa meri manzil bata, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee, ‘n ‘d ‘n SS ‘n SR, Antra: PmPS’ ndndp
- Yoon kho gayee tere pyar me hum, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: S PPP d n d PP, Antra: S’ R’ S’ nnS’R’ S’S’S’
- Meri yaad men tum na, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: SS RR m m PPP, Antra: PP nnn S’S’S’
- Tere pyar ki tamna ghame zindgi ke saye, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: S g P mg mg RS, Antra: PP dR S’g’ R’
- Tum zid to ker rehe ho, Taal Dadra, Asthayee: R g R S n’d’n’ RS, Antra: SS ‘n gs n’ d’
- Jadoon holi jae lenda mera naa, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: mmPPPdndndP, Antra: R’ S’ S’ S’ S’S’ S’S’
- Sawan aya tum nehi aie, Taal Kehrva: Asthayee: g R S g RS ‘n’d ‘d’nRS, Antra: PS’
- Oh dunya ke rakhwale, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: ‘n ‘d ‘n SSSRS ‘n SRg, Antra: PdP mgmPndP
- Jab bhi chahen ik nai soorat, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: SRgRS ‘nSgRR, Antra: PPP d P mm
- Apno ne gham die to mujhe yaad, Taal Dadra, Asthayee: S g P PP dn dPm, Antra: Pn S’ S’ dPd S’S’S’
- Tu jo nehi hai to kuch bhi nehi hai, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: S ‘n SR SRRR, Antra: S ‘n ‘P ‘n RSS
- Aitabar nahi karna, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: PPd Pmg ndP, Antra
- Ham chale to hamare sang sang nazare chale, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee, SRgP dndP, Antra: mPdn Pm Rn’ R
- Anokha ladla khelene ko maange chaand, Teen Taal, Antra: R S ‘nS RSRgg, Antra: gRgg
- We lageeyn di laj rakh ley kadhi bhul na jaween, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee: PPd PdPm,
- Yeh ejaaz hai husan e awargi ka, Taal Dadra, Asthayee, ‘nSSS ‘nRS ‘nd, Antra: mmPP
- Sun le oh Jane wafa Tu hai dunya , Taal Kehrva , Asthayee: S’ n S’ ndP mg Pm, Antra: ddd dd Pdnn dP
2. About Thaat Kafi
Kafi thaat makes use of the Komal Gandhar and Komal Nishad. So basically it adds Komal Gandhar to the Khamaj Thaat. Raga Kafi is one of the oldest ragas and its intervals are described as basic scale of the Natyashastra. Thus in ancient and medieval times, Kafi was considered as natural scale. Kafi is a late evening raga and said to convey the mood of springtime.
Following ragas are derived from Thaat Kafi:
- Raga Kafi
Arohi: S – R – g – m – P – D – n – S’ (ascending notes)
Amrohi: S’ – n – D – P – m – g – R – S (descending notes)
Thaat Kafi – Learn how to play Thaat Kafi Raga Kafi
Thaat Kafi is C Dorian Scale in Western starting from first white key.
Western Notes: Thaat Kafi: C D Eb F G A Bb
Showing C Dorian scale in all five octaves of keyboard in different colors
- Ghame dil ko in aankhon se, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee, ‘n’P SSS SS ‘n SR , Antra, mP ‘S’S’S ‘n SS
- Dil men ho tum ankhon me tum , Bappi , Taal Kehrava, Asthayee, SRRgRS, Antra, gmPmgPmm
- Daag e dil ham ko yaad ayne lage Log apne, Taal Dadra, Asthayee, ‘P’n S SR S ‘n, Antra: gmPmg Pmm
- Tumhara pyar chahaee mujhe, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: PP m g mP S’ Pm , Antra, n’n’n’n’n’n’n’n’
- Pyar bhere do sharmeele nain, Taal Kehrva, Asthayee, SR Pmg , Antra: PPPm Pmg
- Rim jhim rim jhim pere phawar, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee, S, PPm PDnD, Antra: S’S’ nDD
- Jalte hain arman mera dil roota hai, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: ‘nRRRgm gRS, Antra, P S’S’S’ R’S’ nnn
- Sun wanjli di mithri taan way, Taaal Kehrava, Asthayee, Sn’ S PPP mg mgR, Antra: S’ nD nS’
- Lat uljhi suljha ja re baalam, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: SSg RS ‘n’D madh saptak, Antra: mDDnD mDDnD
- Hamari sansoo me aaj tak woh hina kis kshboo, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: ‘P’P SSS RS ‘n mSRS
- Yeh raat yea chandni, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: PmgmP mgmP, Antra: S’ nP S’S’
- Tere bheege badan ki kshboo se, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: SSgSS ‘n’n RSS, Antra: g mPPP nDP
- Ae dunya kia tujh se kehoon – Mehdi Hassan, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: Pmgg , Antra: S’S’S’ R’nDP
- Sab kuch luta ke hosh me, Taal Dadra, Asthayee: SRS ‘n’n SRP gR, Antra: gmmPPP
- Ik situm aur meri jaan abhi jaan baqi hai, Taal Kehrava, Asthayee: SSgmPP mgR, Antra: g R S ‘n’n S
- Sawan aye sawan jaye, Taal, Kehrava: Asthayee: gRSR mg,: madh-mandr, Antra: PPPm Pmg
- Dil ke jhoroke mein, Taal Dadra, Asthayee: SS SSSS SS SS RgP SS, Antra: ‘S’S’S’S’S’S’ ‘R’R
Real Voice Lesson 1 Tune Your Voice. Real voice training with alamkar. Listen to Ustad Jee and singalong with female singer and tune your voice. You can singalong without any music instrument or with harmonium or tanpura.
Alamkar or Palta Voice Lesson 2 – Voice Training Lesson. Train your voice for singing. Each pattern starts in teacher voice, and is immediately followed by the same pattern in student voice. You should sing along with Student voice.
Alamkar or Palta Voice Lesson 2 Here in diagram first black is our "Sa". In YouTube Video Green alphabets are komal notes and red alphabets are tiver notes in the diagram while Sa is fixed note. Try to Singalong below given sargam notations. 1. S R G m P 2. P D P P D N D P P D N S' N D P P D N S' 3. SRG RGm GmP mPD PDN DNS' S'-ND NDP DPm PmG mGR GRS 4. SRGm RGmP GmPD mPDN PDNS' S'-NDP NDPm DPmG PmGR mGRS 5. SS RR GG mm PP DD NN S'S' S'S' NN DD PP mm GG RR SS 6. SSS RRR GGG mmm PPP DDD NNN S'S'S' S'S'S' NNN DDD PPP mmm GGG RRR SSS 7. SRGmPDNS' S'-NDPmGRS THREE times 8. SRGmPDNS' S'-NDPmGRS 'N 9. SRGmPDNS' S'-NDPmGRS 'N 'D 10.SRGmPDNS' S'-NDPmGRS 'N 'D 'P 11.SS GG RR mm GG PP mm DD PP NN DD S'-S' S'-S' DD NN PP DD mm PP GG mm RR GG SS 12.S R G m P D N S' S' N D P m G R S THREE times 13.S 'N S S 'N 'D 'N S S 'N 'D 'P 'D 'N S Note:- Tune your voice for singing. Don't exactly follow video. Keep sargam notations in your front while practice.